Constructed in 1889 at a cost of $35,000, Ventress Hall served first as the University library before housing the School of Law from 1911 to 1929. Photograph from the University of Mississippi Library collection.
Inside view of the Ventress Hall turret.
A UM Hidden History Tour participant photographs graffiti inside the Ventress Hall turret on February 12, 2016. Photo by Robert Jordan/UM Communications
Ventress Hall is located at 1667 University Circle on the southwest side of the Grove.